Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April Book Reviews

Link your book reviews here.
This is the format for this month's reviews.

Book Review by Victoria Sherry

Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen


Publisher: Penguin Group


Genre: Realistic Fiction


Where I got it: It was a recommendation from a friend of mine who is a fan of Sara Dessen.


One Sentence Summary: Scarlett’s boyfriend died in a motorcycle accident, only to find out that she was pregnant; Scarlett, having no idea what to do, turns to her best friend, Halley, for support.


First Sentence of the book: Scarlett Thomas has been my best friend for as long as I can remember.


First Chapter Review: Scarlett calls Halley at her camp to tell her about Michael Sherwood’s (Scarlett’s boyfriend) death. Halley decides to leave the camp early, knowing that she has to be there to support her best friend. Halley is not used to being the one that Scarlett needs, usually it’s the other way around. Now, she must learn to do whatever it takes to be there for Scarlett. You can clearly see a strong bond between the two best friends and that they would do anything for each other.


Verdict: This book is definitely one of my favorites and would read it again and again.


Cover Comments: Shows two people (a boy and a girl; I am assuming its Michael and Scarlett) on the beach. You can tell that it’s around summer time, could be a summer romance that ended in tragedy of Michael’s death.

41 comments:

  1. Sorry! I didnt know there was a new format so I posted it wrong.
    Here it goes the correct one:

    The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss all of you! I love all of your writing! I'm here in computer class, letting everyone see what a real blog is.... :)

    ReplyDelete